Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lab

Since it's Thursday, I should enlighten the world about something ROTC cadets do on a weekly basis: Lab. Certain aspects of the lab are outstandingly interesting, while others are horrendously boring. All are necessary for future officers in the Army. Last week some of my fellow cadets had the option to fly in a blackhawk helicopter. Sadly, I was unable to attend due to lack of funds to drive back to school, but that was one of the more enjoyable labs. Most of the labs surround the juniors, or MSIIIs and their leader skill development.
Last semester the focus was squad based movements. These included Movement To Contact, Knock Out a Bunker, and Ambush. These movements are analyzed for imperfections, and the MSIIIs must decipher what was good, and what was bad about their leading.
I cannot wait until I'm an MSIII. It is then that we finally FINALLY see what we've learned, and use our leadership skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment