Thursday, March 25, 2010

Awhile coming

So, it's been awhile since my last post, but I can't think of anything to say. However, given that my current financial plight is OVER(!) I must confess some of my SERIOUS concerns:
1. How on EARTH was I going to pay for school?
2. What if the Army said no to my enlistment?
3. What would I have done otherwise?
4. Would my life essentially be over?
Thankfully the miracle workers in the financial aid department here at school saved my madras-clad butt. My parents (God bless them) can afford the remainder, so I get to stay at school.
Good news from the recruiter, MEPS should be sometime within the next 2 weeks, so keep the fingers crossed in that respect.
I don't honestly know what I would have done otherwise...where would I have found work in *THIS* economy?
No, my life probably wouldn't be "over", but I'd have to move back home, and find a job near there, it wouldn't have been pretty.

Knowing that there are at least a few *I hope* followers, who here hates dodgeball? Not the movie, which is OUTLANDISHLY funny, but the game itself. We played that today in our Military Science lab, it was dreadful. I cannot stand having balls thrown ferociously at my head. It just doesn't sit well with me. To top that off, we're expected to CATCH them.

To all of you considering ROTC, contact Mjr Scott Toth-his contact info can be found at www.clarkson.edu/armyrotc
Be aware, it's such an amazing learning experience.
Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment