Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Post

I first decided to write a blog a while back when I began reading College Prep's blog. Honestly, the idea struck me as odd, but I was intrigued none the less. Obviously it took me awhile to come up with a topic, but my cadet career is something I really find interesting. I've decided to enlighten all the readers about the trials and tribulations of being a cadet in the Army, and a student.
Let me start by introducing myself a bit. I'm a freshman at Potsdam College. I was going to join the swim team, but after discussing my options with my parents, I decided to give ROTC a try. At first I only went to the class, then I realized that there is so much more included in the life of a cadet, but I'll get to that later. I love my friends here, and they are very supportive of my career choice, but don't hesitate to question my decision.
On to the commitment, I went to my first class and oddly enough, the Army expected me to be physically fit. Waking up at 0515 to do sit-ups, push-ups, and a horrible run every morning is always difficult. After the first couple of weeks, I realized that if I missed a PT I wouldn't feel as happy as I did after doing the PT.
The trials of Army continue however, and I'll discuss them later. :)
Quick vocab lesson:
ROTC-Reserve Officer Training Corps
PT-Physical Training

No comments:

Post a Comment