Monday, April 19, 2010

Extreme Boredom part 3

So I said that I didn't have a boyfriend. I don't, Colin and I aren't dating. We're not fooling around either, so don't even go there. We just hang out, see movies, eat dinner, ok, we date, but we're not *dating*. Colin doesn't go here, he goes to the ROTC host school. That's how we met, and last year was a "get to know one another" year, we started hanging out at the end of last semester. But last week when we came up for ROTC activities we started getting together afterwards to just hang out.

I feel bad, I haven't told Isadora, Elaine, or Sophie yet. I keep meaning to, but we did just move in and all. Anyway, we have other things to discuss, and all of those take priority over my would/should/could be boyfriend that I am NOT dating.

They're presently discussing the weather, so enthralling. I'd introduce the far more interesting subject, but it's not time for the boys to hear just yet.

Dinner passes without incident, and we say goodbye to the guys and head to our suite. Our room is SO disorganized, time to get down to it.

"Let's tackle our rooms first, then get this living room sitch figured out.", says Isadora.

"Sounds good. We don't have too much to do in there anyway, you got big closet, I got window area."

Isadora and I head over to our room, and leave Elaine and Sophie to handle theirs.

I was wrong. I'd forgotten just how much space I needed for school, club, and ROTC stuff, and how little space there *actually* was in a dorm. I decided to go with the standard Rubbermaid container for shoes and ROTC gear under the bed. My bed went along the window. Isadora's was along the wall, the foot of her bed was on the opposite wall. I personally like as little out in the room as possible, so I had a good 2 feet of extra height thanks to bed risers and cinder blocks. I packed a step stool to help me get up, but there was no way that I was going to suffer through a year with less space. While I was folding clothes and putting them away, I decided that now would be a decent time to tell Isadora.

"Izz, you know I've been here for a week already, right?", I asked.

"Yea, why?"

"Well Colin Halpert and I have been hanging out recently. Like, a lot."

"Ok, what? I thought you were all into that Austin guy."

"Well I am, but Colin and I have been hanging out, as I said."

No comments:

Post a Comment