Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Diving?!

That's right ladies and gents, this Cadet will be
starting off her sophomore year of college as a part of the
Potsdam Women's Swimming and Diving Team!
(go bears!)

I cannot WAIT until the real season starts. Currently, I can only
dive off the board with no coach (don't fret, he sits on the deck and watches), but
he can't actually begin coaching me (and the other divers) until the 20th! <-EEK!

Diving is SO scary, flipping off a board is something I never saw myself
doing. I also have to get used to the spring in the board...further eek moment. I've landed
on my back on the water too many times to count! Let me tell you, it *hurts*.
I've just been getting back up, which I guess is kind of the point.
Kudos to divers from my high school, I had NO IDEA how hard it was to do this!!

Anyway, since I'm going to be on an official NCAA DIII team, I won't have to
go to typical PT (insert tiny HOOAH here). I'll still go in to take the
APFT (hopefully I pass), but other than that, I'm gold!

This is going to be a very VERY welcome thing since the PT+Swim/Diving practice has been killing me. (Since the season hasn't started yet we've been doing
captain's practices.)

Off to start my homework, second week of college and I'm already wishing for Christmas break :P

No comments:

Post a Comment