Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Roommates

I love Queenie and Lady Funk a lot. They're my best friends here at school, and I can't imagine having other roommates-besides my darling roomie from last year, nobody beats her.

That being said, I spent the weekend at my boyfriend's and it was very nice. We watched a lot of movies, saw a soccer game, and basically just vegged out.

He has a single. So when I got back to Potsdam (He goes to a school one town over), I went into what can only be described as shock. My roommates weren't going to simmer down just because *I* returned, nor should they. I just wasn't prepared for the onslaught of bestfriends I met when I arrived.

I did feel bad, though. I usually take what the girls say and don't let it faze me, but Queenie said some things that hit the wrong nerve with me, and I kind of snapped. No yelling, but there were some sarcastic comments thrown around. It was somewhat harsh, what I said.

No worries, blogosphere, I apologized right after, but I was still somewhat justified in a small portion of my snap. (She kept whining about having joint pain, but refused to take medication to numb the pain. I have arthritis...I don't handle whining about joints well at all).

So now I have to work on coming back to Potsdam and just accept everything that hits me. I'm not terribly concerned, as I really do love my roommates to pieces. It's just a matter of saying: "okay, you left the boyfriend's, now we're back in triple-land."

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment